Harvest Festival – Greenwich Foodbank
To support our school’s value of ‘kindness’ this term and to further support our local community, we will be donating food to the Greenwich Foodbank as part of our Harvest Festival celebrations. Any donations we receive will be distributed to people around the local area.
There are many reasons that people access the Foodbank at some point, ranging from redundancy to receiving an unexpected bill on a low income. Last year, the Foodbank provided emergency food for many in our community. It is anticipated that this year will be their busiest year yet following the prolonged impact of coronavirus and the corresponding economic downturn.
Please see below for a list of the most needed items.
· Breakfast cereals ·Sugar
· Soup ·Tea (40, 80 and 160 bags)
· Long life milk ·Fruit juice (1 litre)
· Rice ·Tinned veg – potatoes, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, mixed veg
· Pasta sauce ·Tinned fruit – pineapple, peaches, peas, fruit cocktails, etc
· Tinned beans ·Tinned rice pudding
· Canned fish ·Tinned meats – corned beef, meatballs, etc
You can also visit the website for further information https://greenwich.foodbank.org.uk.
We have spoken to the children in assembly about the vital service the Greenwich Foodbank provides for our local community and asked children to donate any tinned, packet or dried foods by Friday 15th October, ready for collection.