The Rockliffe Manor Partnership (part of the Inspire Partnership) is in a position to offer successful candidates the opportunity to undertake either the salaried or training route programme, as well as having access to outstanding teacher training in a consortium of dynamic and creative schools in the forward thinking and high performing Royal Borough of Greenwich in South East London. In addition, this year, we are excited about working across the boroughs of both Greenwich and Bexley, whose schools are working with us to deliver the highest quality teacher training.
Successful candidates will be placed in a school (working in a KS1 or KS2 class) within our wider partnership and will be able to visit all schools within the partnership as well as spending some time at university. Each school offers an exciting and supportive environment in which trainees can learn and develop.
Trainees will be supported by inspiring teachers and leaders from whom they can learn the art of teaching. They will be offered the best possible experiences to develop their own practice within the classroom. Trainees will also engage with the very latest in theory and research which underpins our practice. Through these experiences, the programme will provide trainees with the necessary skills to teach in schools in London and beyond.
If you would like any further information about a school direct placement at one of the schools within the Rockliffe Manor Partnership please contact Karolina Jankowska (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Working alongside Goldsmiths
The Rockliffe Manor Partnership also works closely alongside Goldsmiths, University of London, who will deliver a programme that will complement the training offered by the schools. The university programme will also provide the theoretical elements required for the additional academic award of PGCE (Post or Professional Graduate Certificate of Education). As part of your work whilst based at Goldsmiths, you will be required to undertake two written assignments at Masters level. Goldsmiths University has been training teachers in London since 1904 and has been recognised as one of the UK's top creative universities as voted for by students. http://www.gold.ac.uk/educational-studies/
The Rockliffe Manor Partnership (part of the Inspire Partnership) has many schools working in conjunction with it. Schools where placements will be made include:
Alexander McLeod Primary School
Foxfield Primary School
Mulgrave Primary School
Rockliffe Manor Primary School
Sherington Primary School
Upton Primary School
Woodhill Primary School
What we are looking for
We want candidates who have:
- A desire for wanting learning.
- A genuine passion and belief in every child.
- A willingness and desire to make a difference to the lives of the children and families within the communities which they teach.
- High expectations and aspirations for all the children they work alongside.
- High expectations of themselves as a learner and practitioner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and time keeping
We want candidates who are able to:
- Reflect on their practice and show a willingness to listen to feedback to support their development.
- To work within a team and show collaborative skills.
- Build and maintain good relationships with students, staff, parents and governors.
- Inspire and motivate those they work with.
- Be a positive role model for those around them.
- Be a professional role model.
What we can offer
If you undertake your school direct placement with us, we can offer:
Support from highly skilled teachers and leaders who will help you to learn the art of teaching.
The opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled teacher and mentor.
The best possible experiences to develop your own practice within the classroom.
Opportunities to engage in the latest theory and research which underpins out practice.
A comprehensive CPD programme (which will compliment and support the teaching which is taking place at Goldsmiths).
The entry requirements for Salaried Programme (Code 2SD3) are:
A Minimum of a lower second class degree
To have at least three years work experience
To have (or planning to) 10 days classroom experience
Will need to pass QTS skills tests in Maths and English
Have GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science
Undergo health checks and undergo safeguarding checks
The entry requirements for our Training Route (unsalaried) Programme (Code 32SK) are:
- A Minimum of a lower second class degree
- To have (or planning to) 10 days classroom experience
- Will need to pass QTS skills tests in Maths and English
- Have GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science
- Undergo health checks and undergo safeguarding check
Applying for School Direct with our Partnerships
The Rockliffe Manor Cluster UCAS code: 2AC
School Direct Salaried Programme Code: 2SD3
Training Route (Unsalaried) Programme Code: 32SK
If you would like to apply for either the salaried or training route, please complete and submit an application with your interest through the UCAS website. https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training